Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Best Of Braff: A Tasty Treat

I got some disturbing news last night from a sort-of friend. She had seen the preview of The Last Kiss and she hated it. I yelled "earmuffs!", placed my fingers in my ears, and sang "la la la la la" very loudly so I didn't have to hear such foul language. Sacrilege! Fortunately for me, said wanna-be movie critic has no credible taste in movies (she didn't even like Garden State), so I didn't take it too seriously. She proceeded to tell me that ZB sucks in movies as well, which is when I punched her in the face. Not really, I would never do that, unless ZB was standing right there and I had to defend his masculinity. I have heard these statements a lot lately, that ZB is a horrible actor-director-writer (you pick); that ZB plays the same character in every movie; that ZB is a wanna-be "Emo McHipster", a term I despise; etc. I don't understand it when anyone says that, considering that this is only ZB's second studio-ish movie (ZB, for your sake and mine, I won't mention The Broken Hearts Club. oooh, I just did!). So, to make that statement is ridiculous. I want everyone who has made any rude comments about ZB lately to stand up. Now, I want you all to go write a movie. And then direct and star in it. And then you need to make a Grammy-winning soundtrack for the movie. Only after all that is accomplished may you start making snide comments about ZB. But if you do, I must warn you, I will still kick your asses.


I will close this rant on a much better, happier, adorabler (that's a new word, by the way) note. Here is ZB with my other favorite Indie-hottie, Peter Sarsgaard. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home